A couple weeks ago I shared with you 5 ways to grow your blog and many of you liked it. At the end of that post I asked you if you’d like me to share with you more blogging tips or advice and many of you said yes. So I though I’d share with you five pieces of advice that I wish I knew before I created my own blog name.
1. Sit down with a pen and paper and have a brainstorming session. Think about what you want to talk about on your blog and experiment with names using the words related to what you want to write about.
2. Know that the first thing that people see is your blog name. So ask yourself when creating your name is this the first impression I want people to leave with?
3. Another question you should ask yourself is will you be happy with your blog name in a year from now? If not then keep brainstorming as people may get confused if you change your name a few times.
4. Short, sweet and simple names are the best! When there are shorter blog names they are much easier to remember. Therefore making it easier for people to remember and find your blog again.
5. Don’t have your mind set on your name as others may already have your name. I know this from experience as I had already come up with two other blog names in my brain storming session and was disappointed when I found out that they had already been taken. Overall I’m really happy with my final name though.
I hope this post was helpful for any of you looking to create your own blog! If you’d like to see more posts on blogging advice, please leave me suggestions below.