Hi Guys! The year has almost come to an end so I thought I would sit back and reflect on some of the things I’ve learnt this past year. I’ve learnt many things in the past 12 months and will continue to learn many more things with every passing day. Each of the things that I have learnt, I am still learning. I am not perfect and I never will be but I am still striving to be like the one who is. So without further ado here are 10 things that I have learnt and am continuing to learn daily…
1. All things come to an end. This can be a really good thing if you’re going through a hard time in life but this can also be a really sad thing if you’re in a very enjoyable place in life. So if you’re in a really good place in life enjoy and thank God for it. If you’re in a not so good place then pray and always remember to trust in God!
2. There is so much life and power in prayer. For me prayer is a way of communication with my heavenly Father and is something I am very grateful for.
3. Your family is so important! I’ve known this for years but as time goes on I understand the fullness of that even more. They have helped to shape me into the person I am today. No matter how many or how few arguments and disagreements we have I know that we all love each other even when we don’t express it to one another.
4. Quit the comparison! If you always spend your time comparing yourself to others you are robbing yourself from experiencing true joy!
5. A true friendship is a blessing and must go both ways. When only one person is reaching out to the other and investing their time into the relationship, the relationship becomes draining.
6. Staying inside your comfort zone sure is comfortable but it slows/prevents you from growing spiritually and mentally. Therefore take that scary leap of faith and step outside of your comfort zone.
7. When someone is having a go at you sometimes silence is the best response. This goes for many things. For example if someone is sharing their burdens or heart with you sometimes they just want someone to talk to and they’re not quite ready for you to “fix their problems”.
8. John 2:24&25 – “Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.” Therefore knowing that people will let you down will save you so much heartbreak.
9. Being impatient and thinking when this happens I’ll be happy is a terrible mindset to have so count all your little blessings. This was why I created a series on my blog a little while ago called The Simple Things, so I wouldn’t get caught up in waiting for something fun to happen or for a blessing to occur.
10. I published my first post on the 2nd of February this year and I’ve loved blogging the whole time! Granted blogging is definitely harder than what I thought and takes up literally hours of my time each week but I really enjoy it so it certainly is worth it for me.
Thank you all very much for reading! If you loved this post you’ll probably like my post 17 Things I’m Grateful For so be sure to check it out! Also I’d love to know what’s something you learnt this year? Be sure to let me know down below!
Follow my Pinterest here.