Hey guys, today I’m super excited to be sharing with you another Christmas recipe. This recipe is a classic in my family and normally my Mum makes this with the help of my siblings and I around Christmas time each year. I hope you all will enjoy!
115g (3/4 cup) rice Flour
225g (11/2 cups) pain Flour
115g (1 cup) caster sugar
225g salted butter, at room temperature
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
2. Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Add all other ingredients into the bowl and beat on low speed until it forms a crumb like mixture.
4. Using your hands knead all the dough crumbs until it forms a ball. Then flatten the ball of dough gently and place it between two sheets of baking paper.
6. Roll dough out to 1cm in thickness and then cut with desired cookie cutters*.
7. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and prick each cookie with a fork for better baking results. Cook in the oven for 18-20 minutes, (they should start to become slightly golden on the base and sides of the cookies). Allow them to cool completely before transferring or decorating them as desired.
Note: *The size of the cookie cutter you use will determine how long you should bake each cookie for. I used three different cookie cutters (a snowflake, a bell and a Christmas tree) each averaging about 5cm in width.
If you guys decide to make this recipe I’d love to know how it turned out so please let me know in the comments below or via email. Also make sure you stay tuned as I will be posting another Christmas recipe in the near future.
Many Blessings, Grace.