The Simple Things – Part 1

I’m constantly trying to ‘work on myself’ to become a better person by implementing new and better habits into my life.  One of those habits that I have started doing is writing down each day something I am grateful for.  So in this post I wanted to share with you all the simple things that I have been grateful for daily…

August 1 – Getting to hold a new little baby who was only a day old!  Why are babies so cute!?

August 2 – As I was reading my Bible today I felt led to the book of John and I really loved this verse so I wanted to share it will all of you (John 7:38) – ‘Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

August 3 – Krispy Kreme doughnuts. 😋  Yum!

FullSizeRender (5)

August 4 – Well today was pay day so that’s pretty cool. $$$

August 5 – I was in the car today with my Mum and within minutes of me driving something pretty big just fell out of a ute in front of me.  I managed to stop safely and all was good.  Then as we were heading home moments later, a lady in the car next to me started going into my lane as I was right next to her!  There was absolutely no room in our lane and I honestly have no idea how we didn’t collide, other than the hand of God being over this situation.  I braked and turned the steering wheel slightly away from her car to avoid the collision but honestly we should have still collided.  At both incidences I was driving 70 kilometres an hour. 😬 So yes I believe in miracles!  Thank you Lord for your constant hand of protection!

August 6 – Warm cups of green tea.

August 7 – The power of prayer!  Prayer is one of the most important things in my life as a Christian.  It’s how I communicate with my Father in heaven.  Yesterday I was thinking about all the things that I have prayed for over the past few years and how God has answered them.  Sometimes it’s been days, weeks or even years later but God has always been faithful to his children!

I want to encourage all of you to write down or think of something which you are grateful for daily.  I’ll be doing a part two to this post shortly so stay tuned for that.

Tell me something that you’re grateful for?

Many Blessings, Grace.

50 thoughts on “The Simple Things – Part 1

1. Invisibly Me says:

I love this, I often try to think of the small, simple things to keep me grounded and appreciative. I’m grateful for the warm jumper I got to put on when I got home and was freezing cold (despite it being ‘summer’ in August in the UK!) xx

Liked by 1 person

2. clicksandcurls says:

I love krispy kreme donuts too. They are yumm.

And things I am thankful for? I have a whole blog dedicated to that. You can visit it sometime 🙂
    I post one thing to be thankful everyday since Jan 1,2017 and it is so amazing that I haven’t yet run out of things to be thankful for.

Liked by 1 person

3. Maggie says:

I love the idea of keeping track of one thing you’re grateful for every day! ❤ I am grateful for so many things. The first ones that come to mind are knowing the Lord, being close to my family, being part of the blogging community, and all of the Christian music I love listening to! ☺️💖💖

Liked by 1 person

4. Margaret from soulfood101blog says:

only thing better than Krispy Kreme donuts are hot Krispy Kreme donuts. It’s hard to pass that hot donut sign 😉 I am so thankful for God, who takes care of me every day. I am grateful for my Bible because it is that “sign” that we are always looking for. I am grateful for all my brothers and sisters that God puts in my path. Great idea Grace :):) looking forward to the next list 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. iamlindy says:

My mother wrote down 5 things she was thankful for each day….for a season of time. When I went through her things following her death, it was a HUGE blessing to read this ‘Blessing Journal’. Good suggestion for all of us!

Liked by 2 people

6. shwetalakhera says:

Going through this post made me realize how we skip on the smaller things and keep looking for happiness in the bigger ones, leading to disappointments!

Liked by 1 person